Tuesday, October 17, 2017

10-17-17 TWELVE STEPPING WITH SUPPORT FROM SCRIPTURE


Psalm 37v8 - Stop being angry! Turn from your rage!Do not lose your temper it only leads to harm.

Step 8: Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.


Anger is the catalyst to set the relapse roller coaster into motion. Let me elaborate! When I get Angry I leave behind me a wake of terror and destruction! Thankfully that was before I developed a relationship with God and discovered recovery. My anger was slow in coming but when it reached me it was like a large nuclear explosion and anyone in its path had to run for cover. Almost like the dark of night, I would black out lose all sense of direction and like a hurricane, I would begin my pathway of terror. Anger is actually addressed multiple times in scripture and it is also covered in the steps four through ten. Uncontrolled anger is one of the most destructive forces on earth. It destroys homes starts wars and is one of the top causes of premature physical and spiritual death in the World. If uncontrolled it leads to debilitating health conditions addiction ulcers heart attacks depression anxiety and the list goes on. Anger must be regulated and controlled by Gods Holy Spirit which you receive when you accept His son Jesus Christ! 


Colossians 37v9 and in them, you also once walked, when you were living in them. But now you also put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices.



By Joseph Dickerson/Recovery Connections 
Need Help email us recoveryfriends@gmail.com
Psalm 103v3 He forgives all my sins and Heals all my diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment