Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Facebook
Twitter
TheFix.com





Oct 13 - 19
COMING UP IN THE FIX// Intoxication and Consent / Carrie Fisher’s Legacy / The Overdose Map / Sobriety Dates and Relapse / Negative Self-Talk / Russell Brand’s 12 Steps
ON TV// Dr. Travis Stork and “The Doctors” Tackle the Opioid Epidemic
“There’s a pharmaceutical company [that] had some officers who got charged because they were making money by literally getting people addicted to opiates.”
By Paul Fuhr
Share
Tweet
Forward
GRATITUDE// Blessed with Bipolar
I’m working on staying upright, not yielding to the dark, annihilating voice that wakes me at 4 a.m. trying to persuade me that I am empty and done and a failure.
By Kerry Neville
Share
Tweet
Forward
BOOKS// My Fair Junkie: Amy's Day in Court
For the first time since I can remember, I feel really committed to something. I am committed to never getting arrested again, which means staying sober and controlling my temper.
By Amy Dresner
Share
Tweet
Forward
TOUGH LOVE?// Is Involuntary Drug Treatment Ethical or Even Effective?
The conversation shouldn’t be just about getting a person into treatment, as if that were a golden ticket to make people well.
By Tessie Castillo
Share
Tweet
Forward
WRITERS// Philip K. Dick’s High Life
None of his drug use seemed necessary to inspire his highly imaginative fiction.
By Stephen Bitsoli
Share
Tweet
Forward
BEST OF THE QUICK FIX
COMMENT OF THE WEEK
Secret to Success
This week, Kerry Neville provided a fresh perspective on bipolar disorder: appreciate that it's a manageable disorder and not an uncontrollable disease. Readers appreciated the perspective and wanted to know more:

I loved this article and I'm so glad, Kerry, that you have learned to live with your BP in relative serenity. I too, have been diagnosed with BP II which I'm sure you know is the milder phase, but my sister has BP I and it is very much like what you described. It is so nice to see someone get to the other side. You didn't give up and I really like that. Just one thing: How did you turn it around? You didn't really go into detail on the "hows" of overcoming this horrible disease. thank you again for this article. I loved it.

-Martina


MORE>>
Copyright © signed 2017 The Fix, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you sign up at our website, TheFix.com.

Our mailing address is:
The Fix
20929 Ventura Blvd
STE 47-137
Woodland HillsCA 91364

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

No comments:

Post a Comment