Tuesday, October 31, 2017

10-31-17 TWELVE STEPPING WITH SUPPORT FROM SCRIPTURE 

Psalm 39v3 - The more I thought about it the hotter I got, igniting a fire of words.

Step 5: Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.


Get it out into the open! The longer you keep it to yourself the worse it's going to get. Anger, bitterness, and resentments undealt with will keep God away and out of reach of your prayers. They will also affect your body in many negative physical ways.Heart attack, cancer, and ulcers. I still struggle with this step and scripture verse. I have no middle! People, unfortunately, look at me as if I am weak when I just bottle stuff up and hope it goes away. We can only stuff so much in that bottle before it explodes. Not dealing with this inner turmoil gives it strength and before you know it will consume you and take control. Once it has control there will be the only way to break its power! Exposing and dealing with it no matter how difficult it's going to be. Deal with it before it deals with you!Taking it to God will make room for Him to help you sort stuff out! God can be trusted with anything and getting it out will reduce its power and control. God will not only help you sort it out He will give you forgiveness which will bring peace and that makes room for joy and freedom.


By Joseph Dickerson/Recovery Connections 
Need Help email us recoveryfriends@gmail.com
Psalm 103v3 He forgives all my sins and Heals all my disease

1 comment:

  1. As a recovering addict I decided to share my story with the world in hopes of helping someone, somewhere, someday.
    Check out my blog and follow or share with your family and friends.
    Thank You
    https://menachemsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete