Friday, April 18, 2014

APRIL 18 v 6 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

Fools’ words get them into constant quarrels;

they are asking for a beating.



STEP 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs .

Why must it come to the point of severe beating for us to realize we don't have all the answers . We lose so much over and over yet we continue the same behaviors .Coming out of addiction and committing step five showed me that arguing with everybody was  my way of still trying to control everyone and everything in my life . It also showed me that it was ok to not know everything .When I realized this I really started to get better , and the people in my life were able to start to tolerate being around me . My stress levels dropped dramatically , admitting  you are wrong in any situation and asking  for forgiveness is one of the most liberating experiences in recovery .


Matthew 18 :15 - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.


By Joseph Dickerson


No comments:

Post a Comment