Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15 v 22 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB


Plans go wrong for lack of advice;
    many advisers bring success.


STEP 1  - We admitted we were powerless against addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.



Sometimes it takes a village to raise a child. When it comes to sobriety the same is true . I have seen many including myself under the direction of my old prideful thinking that I can white Knuckle my recovery in the beginning and then I would be fine. It was that kinda of thinking that kept me stuck for so long. Addiction is the only war you will win when you surrender, Our nature as humans is to dominate and stay in charge.The step tells us we are powerless and that is only true if we think we can do this on our own. Surrendering and admitting your whipped breaks the grip of your foolish pride .Once its grip is loosened you have to cry out for help from others like yourself who have been right where you are . The more brothers and sisters you surround yourself with and talk to the more likely your chances  of success will be. 


Psalms 13: 3 - 6 - Consider [and] hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the [sleep of] death;
By Joseph Dickerson



1 comment: