Saturday, April 19, 2014

APRIL 19 v 2 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB


Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good;
    haste makes mistakes.


STEP 11 -  Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God  , praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

 Going into and maintaining sobriety should be done with enthusiasm and excitement . Well at least it is for me . Everyday is a new adventure ,I feel at times like a child discovering brand new wonders at the amusement park. At this stage of my recovery Fifteen years in  June, and as I get older I have come to realize we need to keep it simple , learn as much as you can , and help as many people as you can.  When you take it slow and listen your chances of making mistakes is reduced .There will be times when you screw up but don't let the self pity wagon  take you for a  guilt trip on the relapse roller coaster. A  good sign of maturity in recovery is when you can get right back up on your feet like you never missed a beat  . Staying sober will show you what life is meant to be and for those of us in recovery step eleven should be the code we live by .


Jeremiah 29 : 11 - 13  For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me !






By : Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment