Friday, April 11, 2014

APRIL 11 v 12 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB


It is foolish to belittle one’s neighbor;
    a sensible person keeps quiet.


STEP 8 -  Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.


I think we are all guilty of violating this one ! When I see the word neighbor and I automatically assume it is the folks that live in the house next store. What I think the Proverb is trying tell us is it could be the person your next to in the store or someone your passing on the street. Your neighbors are everywhere it does not matter where you are. Now lets be honest when I see someone dressed like an idiot , I cant help myself , I gotta say something even if it is under my breath .I cant count the number of times I put my foot in my mouth and got caught saying something about someone. We all have to remember words can wreck a life ! I can still hear the words thrown at me as a kid rolling around in my head . Talking bad about yourself and others is gonna cause a lot of drama in your life , haven't you had enough of that . To eliminate stress keep your mouth shut ! To remove guilt and regret sincerely commit step eight . Once you have made that list keep it clear by keeping your opinions too yourself . Making amends can be costly but very liberating !


1 Peter 3:10 - For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

By : Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment