Thursday, January 30, 2014



January 30 v 5 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB
" Every word of God is flawless ;

He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him .

STEP 3 Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

There are millions that will agree with the Proverb including myself that Gods word (Bible) is just that and the book holds the instructions for everyday life. A few years back I met a man named Clark who was an addict, He spent thirty years of his life using. When he met me I invited him to church, at first he did not want to go so I kept asking . Then one day he said to me I have tried everything else in life, I might as well give God a try. Clark had hit the bottom, thirty years of using brought him to what he thought was the end but it actually turned out to be the beginning. His story was so similar to all of ours. His mom and dad died when he was very young, addiction killed them prematurely so he was raised by his older brothers who were both addicts also. When he was around ten he was kidnapped, beaten, raped and left for dead. He survived, but to cope with all the tragedies he began using to kill the pain. What Clark did not realize was he was dealing with life by what he saw growing up. No one ever taught him about God and there was a purpose for his life and that is found in Gods word. It took Clark thirty years to realize his way just wasn't working. Going to church He surrendered (Step 1), Believing and receiving Gods word was (Step 2 ) and finally on His knees sobbing uncontrollably he handed his life over to the care of God (Step 3 ) . Clark passed away a few years back but he died sober with dignity and I realized my brother and friend touched more people in his death than in his life.

Jesus said I am the truth the life the way and no one comes to the father but through me!

No comments:

Post a Comment