Thursday, January 23, 2014




January 23 v 29 Through 35 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

 Who has anguish? Who has sorrow?
Who is always fighting? Who is always complaining?
Who has unnecessary bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
 It is the one who spends long hours in the taverns,
trying out new drinks.
 Don’t gaze at the wine, seeing how red it is,
how it sparkles in the cup, how smoothly it goes down.
 For in the end it bites like a poisonous snake;
it stings like a viper.
 You will see hallucinations,
and you will say crazy things.
 You will stagger like a sailor tossed at sea,
clinging to a swaying mast.
 And you will say, “They hit me, but I didn't feel it.
I didn't even know it when they beat me up.
When will I wake up
so I can look for another drink?”


STEP 1 ; 11 We admitted we were powerless over drugs and alcohol– that our lives had become unmanageable.


Usually I use one or two verse from the Proverb but all of this needs to be shared . The bible was written a little over two thousand years ago. This is a warning for us not to get caught up in alcohol. Why didn't they share this with me when I was a kid in Catholic school maybe if the teacher told me when I was younger , that drinking bites like a poisonous snake , it might have scared me into right thinking and I could have avoided addiction in my life. For those of you getting up early searching for the drink or drug you need to commit a sincere step one. Early prevention is key ,so Moms and Dads share this with your kids we have more that enough addicts in the world . This was not written two thousand years ago for no reason ,it was written as instruction and warning for us to avoid alcohol .
. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment