Tuesday, January 7, 2014



January 7 v24 v 25 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB


So listen to me, my sons,
and pay attention to my words.
Don’t let your hearts stray away toward her.
Don’t wander down her wayward path.


STEP 3 : Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as revealed in the Bible.


This morning after reading the Proverb it left me with a tough choice. The Proverb was all about Promiscuity geared towards the woman but in this day and age it should be geared for both men and women. It brings to light a good point and stirs up thoughts of all the toxic relationships I got involved in. Because of fear I was codependent and on top of that I was a rescuer. The problem with that was even though my life was a mess in my twisted thinking I spent ninety percent of my time trying to fix others instead of myself and the last thing they wanted was to be fixed or saved.  Instead of fixing them I helped them and myself remain in addiction. It was a vicious cycle that went round and round! Many years in this state left me empty, depressed, desperate, and hopeless. Only by Gods grace was I able to escape the clutches of my last destructive relationship and truly for once in my life I became alone with myself. Discovering and working the steps with no outside interference gave me the opportunity to develop a relationship with God and myself. I discovered me, and after a tough couple years I can honestly say I love me and I am grateful for the hell I put myself thru. It made me the man I am today! When you get to step three it has to be for you and no one else, you cannot truly love others until you first love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment