Saturday, January 18, 2014




January 18 v 24 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

STEP 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Isaiah 1:19 “If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land.

Whether we like it or not it has to be the removal of defects of character and all of your peeps. Yeah that's right your peeps , or as some would say friends. Not everyone wants to get sober especially the ones you used to party with. Old friends are the number one cause of relapse. When I first found sobriety , I went into hiding destroyed my cell phone and found a church . Once I had a moment of clarity I recognized my peeps as everything I had grown too hate in my life. Looking back I discovered they did not care about me at all ! All they cared about was chasing the drug like me. If they had the opportunity they would leave me for dead in a second . Most importantly remember when one of your peeps starts talking about loyalty and honor that does not exist in addiction its pride masking itself as something to feed ego . The friend who sticks closer than a brother is the sane sober voice in your life gently and lovingly nudging you out of the insanity . Most of the time it is a blood relation family member who has , and always has been there through all your BS . Hopefully you have forgotten your old peeps by step six but , if you have not then you gota hand them over too God and move on if you don't they will certainly with no hesitation take you for a walk down relapse road and you will start the hell all over again.   

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment