Monday, January 13, 2014



January 13 v 13 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

People who despise advice are asking for trouble;
those who respect a command will succeed.
STEP :3. I will make a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of God.

Looking at addiction from a different perspective can sometimes help the most stubborn of people.Picture a man in the middle of a lake it is obvious he is drowning . It is only a matter of time before he sinks into the eternal abyss forever . Along comes the members of his family all of them carrying a life preserver. As each family member throws in their life preservers the drowning man refuses to grab on and be pulled to safety and this goes on until the man can no longer stay above water he drowns then dies. That was me in the middle of the lake. My problem was somehow I convinced myself that my love ones were trying to tell me what to do and control my life. That my friends was foolish pride that kept me in the lake longer than I should have been.We have to realize in life that sometimes we have to let someone in to help. No one is trying to control you especially the ones that love us most. You see the Proverb and it is true ! Don't look at a helping hand or as a command , tell yourself it is a life preserver and if I don't grab I will drown. Step is telling us to stop pushing the life preserver away grab it and hold on tight and don't let go. Peace ,safety and joy are just up ahead on shore. God and family are all you got in this world and the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment