Tuesday, January 14, 2014



January 14 v 13 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

Laughter can conceal a heavy heart,
but when the laughter ends, the grief remains.
STEP 4 : . I will take a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself.

GRIEF - keen mental suffering or distress over affliction or loss; sharp sorrow; painful regret.
to suffer dissappointment misfortune, or other trouble;

Is not grief the root of all addiction. I looked up and posted the meaning of the word so we can see just how devastating grief can be. After all the hard work I have done getting free from self and various addictions it is my personal opinion that my addictions were the byproduct of my broken heart. Like the Proverb says laughter is a mask like my addictions were. No matter how much we pretend and self medicate grief it will not leave unless we deal with it. Step four is the key that will kick grief out of your head and heart.I have a few brothers who are still using because of a horrible tragedy ,they blame themselves ! Sometimes difficult things will happen but that is life. Society's way of dealing with grief is to label it depression and then prescribe drugs to numb it . Which in turn gives all of us the impression that medication is the answer but no matter how many pills you take grief will not release its grip. Step four forces grief out of its hiding place deep within our hearts. Then it must be dealt with , accepted and worked on over and over until it loses its power to keep you trapped in sadness and sorrow. FIX YOUR HEART AND THE HEAD WILL FOLLOW !

No comments:

Post a Comment