Monday, September 25, 2017

Thank you in advance for reading Summer's story. She has a message to share!
Don't Believe the Lies

Satan is the father of lies and he controls us by fear. He controlled me with fear. I was so scared to deal with my past. Satan used material things to keep my attention on him and to want more of the world.

I'm a mother of three, and here is a little of my story. I've made bad choices in the past. I wanted to do it on my own. Even though I made a mess out of my life God has forgiven me. 

I found myself broken and empty. It was at that moment when I deserved it the least that I felt God's love the most. My Dad picked me up at the police station. I had been arrested and charged with a DUI and possession of meth. Within two weeks I was at Teen Challenge. I had a choice to make. I could surrender everything or I could continue down the path I was on -- a path leading to death.

Summer and her family after Teen Challenge
Summer with her children

The moment I chose to follow God I had such a sense of peace and joy. That shows you that God is enough because I left everything behind to go to Teen Challenge. My kids, my friends, my phone, everything that I took comfort in was gone. I then discovered God's peace and joy. I did not go a single day at Teen Challenge without His comfort.

Philippians 3:12 says, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." That's what life is about. I'm not perfect; I will never be perfect, but I have Christ on my side and He gives me hope. I will never be alone and I will go where He leads me.

I just want people to know, not to believe Satan's' lies, and to know that God loves them and He wants a relationship with them. God has given me my children back. He's more than enough.

Please watch next week for my dad's story.


Will you join with us?

We have the most caring donors in the world! They are willing to give to help hurting people like Summer find hope for a new life without drugs.

Will you join with us? Your gift will provide training for staff, curriculum for students to learn God's Word, and help assure that every person who comes to Teen Challenge has the opportunity to meet Jesus and find a new life - drug free! Thanks in advance for giving.

TO SEE MORE THAT'S HAPPENING AT TEEN CHALLENGE, VISIT US AT:

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our videos on YouTube View on Instagram




Teen Challenge International, USA, 5250 N Towne Centre Dr, Ozark, MO 65721
Sent by pattyb@teenchallengeusa.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact

No comments:

Post a Comment