Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Meet Lea, Lorraine, Dean and Geraldine

Four Parents Celebrating Their Kids’ Recovery
Stories unite those touched by addiction — and offer hope and inspiration to others. In honor of recovery month, we’re celebrating four parents who have shared their family’s recovery journey. Read their stories below, learn about their challenges and successes, and what has helped their family heal.

I Never Gave Up Hope

“When Justin was in the depths of his addiction, things looked so bleak. Twenty-five treatment centers, hundreds of thousands of dollars later, countless relapses, jail stints and several near death overdoses, I never gave up hope. Never! I am happy to report that Justin is clean today and doing well. Remember that it is always darkest before the dawn. Hope is new each morning.”

Read Lea’s full story >


Becoming a Mother

“Today [my nephew] is doing great! He’s clean and works out a lot. He’s a nutritionist and a magician and waiting to be called to be a firefighter. Although I lost my twin brother, he gave me this amazing gift — the opportunity to know what it is like to be a mother, to love someone, sometimes more than you love yourself, to share a life and watch it grow and to truly make a difference.”

Read Lorraine’s full story >


You Can Get Through It

“Know that you are not alone. Anyone can be afflicted with this awful disease. It’s nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. Yes, you will experience emotions like you never have before. And you will more than likely embark on the biggest roller coaster ride of your life. But you will get through it. Trust me. You will get through it.”

Read Dean’s full story >


From Grad School to Recovery

“It’s not easy being a parent of a recovering drug addict. I am not ashamed and I do freely share my story with people. I have had other parents call me and I like that I can be there for them because I know how horrible it feels when your child is in the throes of addiction. I pray for all of these addicts who struggle everyday it’s not easy for them either.”

Read Geraldine’s full story >

Share your Story


Image
Parent Toll-Free Helpline1-855-DRUGFREE
drugfree.org

© Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
352 Park Ave South | 9th Floor | New York, NY 10010
 

No comments:

Post a Comment