Thursday, January 1, 2015

Partnership for Drug-free Kids
 
 

Dear Joseph,

The last thing teenagers want to feel is left out. I see it with the kids in my school all the time – the pressure to “fit in” drives them to be people that they’re not. They make bad decisions and try drugs, often to avoid feeling like an outcast.

But I choose a different way. I choose to rise above negative pressures, be myself and have the control to make my own decisions. The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids’ teen program, Above the Influence (ATI), has inspired me to live this way.

My future is really important to me. I want  to move New York City to attend art school and start a career there. None of my dreams will be possible if I become someone else’s version of me, and they certainly won't be possible if I were to abuse drugs or alcohol. The message of ATI, and the community behind it, has given me the confidence I need to be myself.

The Partnership needs your help to keep ATI alive, so that new generations can be prepared to face their futures with confidence, and handle any challenges that come their way.


Please consider supporting the Partnership with a tax-deductible donation today. They have helped me, and millions of other teens, be true to ourselves.

-Geena
 
 
 
 
Where Families
   
We're here to help.
Call our Parents Toll-Free Helpline
1-855-DRUGFREE (1-855-378-4373)
Donate NowTwitter  Twitter  Youtube  Instagram
 
 
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. Messages sent to this email address are not read. If you have a question or comment, please use our interactive online help system. Subscribe to our RSS feeds. To prevent mailbox filters from deleting mailings from Drugfree.org, add thepartnership@drugfree.org to your address book.

Partnership for Drug-Free Kids | 352 Park Avenue South | Ninth Floor | New York, NY 10010

   


unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences | view email in browser

No comments:

Post a Comment