Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9 CHAP 55 v 17 v 18 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS



Morning , noon , and night I cry out in my distress 'and the Lord hears my voice .
He ransom's me and keeps me safe from the battle waged against me ,though many still oppose. 
(GODS BIG BOOK )


STEP 3  Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God .



Your latest relapse was not my fault ! What " I don't get to have a life" , because I am your sponsor ,your out of your mind and this is not how this works .Does this sound familiar ? Well if it does you know where I am going with this one ! This one is for all of us in recovery ! The only one who can truly be with you 24 / 7 is God .The Psalm says it all but here's the problem , frustration , fear , anxiety , and worry will silence the small still voice that is always warning you or comforting you . Come on , you know what I am talking about  ,some call it intuition , street smarts  ,or that gut feeling that when ignored can get you caught up in some dumb stuff. I wish I had a dollar for all the times I ignored that voice and wound up in trouble. Whatever you want to call it does not matter ! What you need to know is ,that is Gods voice and he is constantly speaking to us but we cant sit still and calm down long enough to hear HIM . When trouble comes we run to our sponsor or friends ignore that voice get the wrong advice and just make things worse .When life is hitting the fan , the best thing we can do is STOP ! Find a quiet place , get on your knees and be as still and quiet as possible and wait .You heard me WAIT .God is so awesome HE already knows what you need He is just waiting for you to sit still long enough to receive it. (GODS BIG BOOK )



Proverbs 19;21 - [There are] many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.(GODS BIG BOOK) By Joseph Dickerson 

No comments:

Post a Comment