Thursday, March 27, 2014



MARCH 27 v 3 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB
 
A stone is heavy and sand is weighty,
but the resentment caused by a fool is even heavier.

STEP 4 -Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Who are you listening too . I have a brother in recovery who has been out there in active addiction thirty plus years . He is in his mid fifties and it saddens me that he cant seem to get free. One of his biggest downfalls is he gets most of his advice from people on the street he just met. Sure he talks to me  a lot and also other brothers with a lot of clean time but he prefers too listen to the advice of people who try to keep him stuck right where he is. Step four is designed too help you reflect and analyze everything and everyone in your life. You have to really think about who is in your life and ask yourself the question do they really care about me or are they trying to keep me trapped. Are they building you up or tearing you down. Quite a few people I was around back in my addictive state tore me down and they made me feel helpless and worthless .I used because they used and I used to feel better but it was just a vicious self destructive LIE . In order to control or be controlled you have to destroy all confidence , self esteem and joy and that is what most people did including myself . Manipulation is a tool used too destroy and control to get what you want . Even after you find sobriety there are going to be people who are not good for you ! Sometimes its best to find someone you don't know to help you sift through your relationships .Such as a counselor , sponsor or someone here on Face book . You can be completely honest and anonymous just personal inbox message someone. Remember there are plenty of people from your life you left behind and you left them behind for a reason , pray for them but never go back because HELL is waiting for you to just do that.

 
Galatians 5:1-26 - Stand fast therefore in the liberty where with Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

No comments:

Post a Comment