Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eminem Thanks His Kids for Keeping Him in Recovery


Eminem says that although he sees an addiction counselor every week, what really keeps him clean and sober is his love for his children, saying, "I love them so much and they've helped me through so many things.”
The 37 year old rapper is now 2 years in recovery from a length battle with prescription drugs. During the depths of his addiction he admits he was taking, “anything that anybody was giving to me" including the methadone pills that he admits almost killed him.
Eminem, who opens up about his battle with addiction once again on his just released album, ‘recovery’ says that he couldn’t find what he needed at a drug rehab. He explains, "I felt like Bugs Bunny in rehab. When Bugs Bunny walks into rehab, people are going to turn and look. People at rehab were stealing my hats and pens and notebooks and asking for autographs. I couldn't concentrate on my problem."
It took a near death experience in 2007 for Eminem to finally realize that he needed to make some major changes in his life. Telling his story he says, “I had overdosed in 2007, like right around Christmas in 2007... I pretty much almost died. You know, I pulled through and went home and relapsed less than a month later and I literally shot back up to the amount of pills I was taking, shot right back up to where I overdosed... Kind of I scared myself, like, Yo! I need to, I need help. Like I can't beat this on my own.”


Read more: Eminem Thanks His Kids for Keeping Him in Recovery 

No comments:

Post a Comment