Thursday, September 25, 2014

SEPTEMBER 25 CHP 31 v 10 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS

I am dying from grief ; my years are shortened by sadness. Sin (addiction) has drained my strength :

I am wasting away from within .


STEP 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.


We are wasting away and dying from sadness for some reason .Most just don't wake up and say I wanna get addicted to drugs and die young. Life is full of actions and reactions .Our behaviors are a reaction from the experiences we have in life. After many years of suffering and self medicating I discovered my reaction and cause to all my grief was fear guilt and insecurity . Denial of these three culprits kept me using and very sick physically , mentally , and spiritually . Step five helped me realize self medicating was my reaction to a trauma I suffered as a child and self medicating did not take away my grief , fear , guilt , and security , it strengthened them . Honesty with self and others will take the power of control out of the hands of these four culprits .



James 5 : 16 - Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
By JOSEPH DICKERSON

No comments:

Post a Comment