Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Recovery in Our Communities
September 2, 2014
    
Like us on Facebook                                   www.councilsepa.org                       Follow us on Twitter

 
Information and Recovery Support Line 24/7: 800-221-6333
SEPTEMBER IS NATIONAL RECOVERY MONTH!!

THANKFUL FOR THE COUNCIL'S HELP
Anonymous

"I started using the services [at The Council] over a year ago.  When I got sober again I quite literally only had the clothes on my back, little to no prospects and very little hope I could ever get back on my feet.  

Through AA, some friends that were sober, and the staff and services [at the Recovery Center], I find myself in a position that I really doubted I could get back to....The [help I received] was a godsend...I'm starting a position that will not allow me to spend much time here to volunteer [anymore] but, again, that is kind of the point of what you do here.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

Read the rest of this story on being thankful.
WHITE HOUSE NOMINATES NEW DRUG CZAR
Botticelli Is A Person In Recovery

The White House has nominated Michael Botticelli to be Director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy.  He has held the position on an acting basis since March.  

Director Botticelli previously served as Director of Substance Abuse Services in Massachusetts where he successfully expanded innovative and nationally recognized prevention, intervention and recovery services.  He forges strong partnerships with stakeholders at the local, state and federal levels.   As our nation's new Drug Czar, Botticelli vows to continue the national effort to reduce drug use and its consequences, and spearhead programs that help people with addiction find jobs and housing. 

A recovering alcoholic, Botticelli has been sober for a quarter of a century. Read the full article in  The Washington Post and watch the video of Botticelli telling his recovery story.
Some Upcoming Events
Events
Sept. 17thMeet The Council Open House8 - 9 am at 252 West Swamp Road, Bailiwick Office Campus, Unit 12, Doylestown, PA 18901

September 12th7:05 pm. Recovery Night at the Baseball Game, Phillies vs. Marlins, Citizens Bank Park. Click here for tickets. 

September 20thPRO-ACT Recovery Walks! 2014, Great Plaza, Penn's Landing, Philadelphia. Click here to register and get more information.
Employment OpportunitiesPlease click here
Join Our Mailing List
We achieve block
DONATEDonations help us to reduce the impact of addiction for more individuals and families. The Council is a 501(c)(3) organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment