Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 19 Chp 139 v 13 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


You made all the delicate ,inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb .



STEP 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable.

A couple of years back my wife and I purchased a  battery powered car for our three year old son .It was a gift from Grandma from up the mountains. Thanks Grandma ! When we opened the box we were confronted with a million parts and an instruction booklet . With out those instructions the little car would have been a mess and me and my wife would have eventually succumb to defeat and given up . Life is a lot like that car ,from Birth God provides instructions .Moms and Dads should read us the instructions or take us to a place where we can be given the instructions . Without God given instructions for our lives we will eventually succumb to defeat . No where in the instruction manual does it say everyday will be sunny and stress free. It does say that we will have troubles but God our Father is with us every second of every day to love, lead, guide, comfort,, listen ,and meet all of our needs. Addictions were my way of dealing with life without the instructions. Well anyone with half a brain knows that addiction wont repair your life it will only wreck it .Step one opened my eyes and helped me realize I had become powerless to overcome my addictions because I wasn't reading Gods instructions. Gods Big book is the only book in the universe that once you own one and read it everyday it will come alive and become a part of you . 



Romans 15 : 4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
BY JOSEPH DICKERSON

No comments:

Post a Comment