Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7 Chapter 71 v 20 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


You have allowed me to suffer much hardship ,but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths (addictions) of the earth .


STEP 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.


Did you ever step in the mud and when you went to lift your foot ,it pulled your shoe off . That is what it is like trying to get free from addictions of various sorts. You can feel your shoe coming off and you want to press it back down to keep it on but if you do , your shoe will fill with mud. So in a way your ,damned if you do and certainly damned if you don't. Notice the Psalm states allowed you to suffer much hardship ,it is important to point this out because God does not use the word cause much hardship . Just like when you got your foot in the mud ,you could have walked around but you did not want to take the long way around . No matter how many how many times you take shortcuts and get yourself caught up God is faithful to pull you out of the mud with your shoes still on. God will never do it half way ,He is patiently waiting for your sincere step one two and three. Or you could take a chance on your own lose your shoe in the mud and make a run for it but you know and I know you will wind up with one shoe on and mud between your toes on the other.


Psalm 73 v 1- truly God is good to Israel to those who hearts are pure . But as for me , I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping , I was almost gone. 



By Joseph Dickerson







No comments:

Post a Comment