Saturday, December 28, 2013

DECEMBER 28 V 23 TWELVE STEPPING WITH THE POWER IN THE PROVERB

He who rebukes a man will find more favor afterward
Than he who flatters with the tongue.

STEP 10 :  Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Well there you have it ! The truth and nothing but the truth will do. Telling people what they want to hear cannot and will not help them in the long run. True recovery starts with you  being honest with yourself and especially others. Long gone are the days of making excuses and lieing to get what you want. Being honest with yourself will effect all of your relationships.My mom used to say your not fooling anyone but yourself ,looking back she was right. The Proverb mentions rebuking a man by telling him the cold hard truth. Speaking the truth admitting your mistakes will earn you humility, respect , trust  ,and favor. Thirteen years of soberity and I am still discovering defects in my character that my wife loves too point out. It is stuff I never gave any thought too until she brought it too light.She is not trying too harm me ,back in the day that is what I thought ,but now I get it.Truth hurts especially if there is an area in your life that needs change. Using the Proverb and step ten will keep you sober !
KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE !



No comments:

Post a Comment