Friday, December 27, 2013


December 27 v 21 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold,
And a man is valued by what others say of him.

STEP 4 : Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

Words are weapons !When used correctly they can build and shape someones life.The Proverb is comparing words to the process of refining precious metals by removing the impurities.Growing up as a kid I was always told you will screw it up .Eventually with hearing that all the time ,I became afraid and isolated . I cut myself off from the outside world. Addiction for me was a crutch it helped me deal with the fear and anger that ruled my life. In the process of using that crutch I became a liar ,thief and a monster hated by everyone in my life or at least so I thought. I made a choice to let the words spoken in my life shape me into the monster I had become.To avoid the pain of those words my heart began to harden and I built walls so no one could hurt me anymore .The problem with that way of thinking and living is when someone does come along who truly wants to help you they cant get threw because of the walls you have built , leaving you stuck in that prison facing the death penalty for some else s careless use of hurtful words. Using the steps as a hammer begin to remove the bricks . Give God a hammer and let him help you (Step 1 2 & 3 )! Once your at 4 take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror , and tell yourself I have become what they said I would become but now its my turn to say who I am , and what I will become. God says you are a overcomer and a special treasure .Make a choice who are you going listen to them or GOD.



No comments:

Post a Comment