Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16 v 9 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

STEP 3 :  Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as revealed in the Bible.

Before the twelve steps and my faith in God my heart was full of brokenness and pain..No matter how hard I tried to live life right ,I would just mess it up . Alone and helpless is what I felt every time I tried to get sober . My plans were evil ,always trying to get even with society for all the wrong in my life . My resentment , anger , and pride blinded me to the fact that even though God was there , I did not need Him . My life became desperate ,everything I owned I lost ,homeless is where my plans left me. With the last ounce of life left in me , I cried out to Him and took step one . Realizing in a moment of clarity for the first time in my life , I needed God and to my surprise  , He was with me the whole time but in my blindness I just could not see or feel Him. No I can't explain it but at that moment of surrender all the pain , sorrow, guilt , shame and fear that was choking the life out of me suddenly released me. For the very first time in my life I felt free .My heart felt complete ,and I  knew it was time for step three .That was thirteen years ago and the Lord is directing my steps .My life now is not perfect but it is good and I look forward and feel so blessed with getting the opportunity with every new day. The Proverb is true and Step 3 is a must and I pray and work tirelessly in a hope that you will discover GOD and get set free as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment