Wednesday, December 4, 2013



December 4 v 23 v 24 POWER IN THE PROVERB
Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.
Put away from you a deceitful mouth,
And put perverse lips far from you.

STEP 10 : Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

Many people will disagree with me when I tell them addiction is a heart problem.The proverb makes it clear keep your heart with all diligence for out of it spring the issues of life. You can't get any clearer than that.This rings so true for me because when I was in my addiction my heart was broken I thought beyond repair.I had so much pain from anger , shame , guilt , rejection , fear , and the list can go on and on. Beginning the steps is so important and vital because it forces us to look at our broken hearts and address what is breaking them. Societies treatment realm pushes that addiction is a head problem and makes addiction worse by getting our focus on our thinking telling us it is a disease which in effect made it worse for me not only is my heart broken but now I am sick with a horrible disease. I have discovered in my Thirteen years of sobriety that the Christian Recovery approach has the most success because it gets t the heart of the matter and that is your heart. Step ten once reached will keep our hearts safe from fear ,shame, guilt ,rejection , anger and on and on. Fix the heart and the head will follow.




For more of POWER IN THE PROVERB and other great recovery news ,events and free resources.

Visit : www.joseph-recoveryconnections.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment