Thursday, December 19, 2013

A message from Jennifer Hansen, founder of Serenity House.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Hi Joseph!  I'm Jennifer Hansen & I need your help...


Serenity House alumna, Kelly M.,
tells her poignant story
:

“I chose to live a life of on-again, off-again drug abuse for over 20 yrs. That addiction cost me the loss of my home, marriage, children, and career. Not even the death of my step-sister to an overdose of prescription drugs, or having a mother whose job with the county medical examiner’s office involved investigating drug overdose deaths, was enough to make me want to stop using. There were many people who cared about me, but I never had the self esteem, knowledge, confidence, discipline, or commitment to do what was necessary to end my self-destructive behavior. After numerous inpatient and outpatient treatments in multiple recovery programs, I was able to successfully complete my second drug treatment at Hansen House and moved into the Serenity House. It was at Serenity House that I received the tools to overcome my addiction. Serenity House, with its caring structure, encourages residents to reconnect with family. Children can stay overnight with their mothers in a safe, monitored and supportive environment. It is due to the programs offered and the dedicated staff at Serenity House that I was finally able to realize I did have the ability within myself to stop using drugs and start living a clean life. Today, I am employed at Hansen House trying everyday to help people like me regain and maintain their sobriety.” 

Wishing You a Happy Holiday
and a Healthy & Prosperous 2014!

 
 

Please consider making a donation to the Serenity Houses for Women & The Randy Scarborough House for Men, our three sober-living homes in South Jersey. Your gift will help us to provide our residents with the tools necessary to live happy, healthy & responsible lives in recovery.
 
DONATE HERE!

We also can use the following items in good condition:

Bath Linens
Kitchen Utensils
Bed Linens
Cleaning Supplies

Volunteer opportunities available!

For more information, please call
Nina Soifer at 609.965.3700, ext.16.


Thank You
for Your Support!



 

Copyright © 2013 The Hansen Foundation, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a friend of The Hansen Foundation.
Our mailing address is:
The Hansen Foundation
523 S. Leipzig Ave.
PO Box 1020
Cologne, NJ 08213

Add us to your address book



Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment