- Philadelphia and Bucks County Recovery Houses
- In The Rooms
- Recovery Centers America PA
- Day Break Solutions Treatment Pa.
- My Recovery Online meetings
- Recovery Connections You Tube Channel
- Christian Rehab Center locator
- Jade Recovery Veterans Support
- HELP FOR TEENS
- Pregnancy Help Choice One
- ARS All Resource Solutions
- Pro Act Philly
- Rehab Help
- Northbound Veterans Help
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
PRO-ACT Family Addiction Education Program helps families address drug and alcohol addiction
Next free sessions start week of Aug. 5 at various locations in five counties
When someone is addicted to drugs or alcohol, the disease affects the entire family. Each month PRO-ACT (Pennsylvania Recovery Organization–Achieving Community Together) hosts a free Family Addiction Education Program to help individuals and families recognize and address an addiction problem in a spouse, parent, child or other loved one. Led by trained volunteers who have been in the same situation, these information and support programs begin the first week of each month and run one evening a week for three consecutive weeks. Each session lasts two hours.
Programs are offered at several locations throughout the five-county southeast Pennsylvania region:
· Tuesdays—From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Media and Northeast Philadelphia.
· Wednesdays—From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Pottstown; from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in North Philadelphia; and from 7 p.m.to 9 p.m. in West Chester.
· Thursdays—From 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in Northern Liberties; 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Bristol and Colmar.
Sessions are free and confidential—first names only. Pre-registration is required. To register, call 800-221-6333, weekdays 9 a.m. through 5 p.m., or visit http://councilsepa.org/programs/pro-act/family-education-program/.