Monday, June 3, 2019

❤ You helped reunite Michael with his daughter! 🙌

"I chose drugs over my daughter."
After spending 19 years hard at work on the railroad, Michael suffered a serious injury that left him on disability and with large amounts of free time that he failed to use wisely. A domino effect ensued that led to the alienation of those he loved most, especially his daughter Jameisha.
Michael embraces his daughter Jameisha for the first time in several months.
Jameshia’s persistence eventually fractured the facade of Michael’s selfishness and for the first time in years brought him face to face with the impact his absence had in her life.
“What really made me want to change was when my daughter broke down and started crying,” he said. “She was telling me how I hadn’t been there for her. I wouldn’t go to her birthdays. I didn’t go to her graduation. I missed her prom. I knew it was wrong, but I chose drugs over my daughter. I’m ashamed to tell you that, but it’s the truth.”
Jameisha talks with her father on a bench outside the Men's Center.
There are countless men with stories like Michael's. Help make the journey to a new life possible today by clicking on the link below.
Follow us at:
Copyright © 2019 Jimmie Hale Mission, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to receiving updates from The Jimmie Hale Mission.

Our mailing address is:
Jimmie Hale Mission
PO Box 10472
BirminghamAL 35202-0472

Add us to your address book


No comments:

Post a Comment