Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Monday Thoughts 05/06/2019

Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion.” ~~Author Unknown

“The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary of dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there. ~~Monica Baldwin

 “Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.” ~~Ruth Ann Schabacker

Statement #6
  Life can be ordinary or it can be great.
Greatness is mine by a conscious effort.

Our WFS Program booklet states, “Although we only get a one-way ticket through life, we speed through our days as if planning to enjoy them at another time. We live as if we have an endless number of tomorrows.” Yet, none of us have endless tomorrows which is why it’s important to live today and Statement #6 helps us accomplish this.

Living today means something different for everyone. For some, a career brings feelings of life, while for another, it may be grandchildren or connecting with nature. Each can fill the moments of life with ordinary greatness. 

Before sobriety and New Life, it was easy to overlook living. Today, with the WFS Statements, the journey of recovery can be incredibly fulfilling. Every moment has the opportunity to be authentic and real. We can enjoy the ordinary, the great and everything in between.

Hugzzz
Karen
Hi 4C Women,
Do you ever find that life gets so hectic, you forget to appreciate or even acknowledge the positive changes that are taking place in your life? Whether it's an ordinary day or one that is absolutely fantastic, sometimes we need to stop, take a breath and take it all in. I am a list maker and every time I read Statement 6, I am reminded that life is more than a list of tasks to be accomplished. While I feel good when I complete the tasks on my list, I realize I am not living in the moment of their completion. It's a check mark and on to the next task! 

Right now I am in the midst of planning my annual northern trip and there are 2 pages of tasks to be done before I leave and then a page of what to take when I leave. It has become all consuming. Last night I started feeling nauseous and spent most of the night tossing and turning. I think it was my body's way of saying to slow down, take that deep breath.  So here is the lesson I am trying to learn - enjoy life, slow down, be aware!  

Here's a quote from Daily Affirmations for Forgiving and Moving by Dr. Tian Dayton that I absolutely love and relate to:  

"When I can simplify and regulate my life so that I can really experience it as it is happening, I will have enough. I will experience my own spontaneity and creativity in the course of living my day. I am allowing myself to bloom gently. The flowers of peace and simplicity continue to grow as I find more time to nourish what is important and in need of attention in my heart."

Bonded in appreciating the greatness and the ordinary,
A Capable, Competent, Caring, and Compassionate Woman

Come As You Are Yoga

It’s Sunday morning, whether you wake up bubbly or brooding we’ll keep it simple, solid, and soulful! Guided movement linked with breath for first timers and returnees designed to unite, uplift, and ground your energies for departure day. Flexibility and coordination optional!

Karen Fain

Karen is a professional level Kripalu yoga educator and founder of Yoga to Work. Her intuitive approach is grounded in science, reverence, and humor and she is sought after in holistic-minded workplaces, schools, and healing centers.
Copyright © Women for Sobriety, Inc. | All rights reserved | Federal ID # 23-1972763
Email: contact@womenforsobriety.org | Ph: 215.536.8026 | Fax: 215.538.9026
Women for Sobriety, Inc. | P.O. Box 618Quakertown, PA 18951-0618
 About our service provider
Sent by contact@womenforsobriety.org

No comments:

Post a Comment