- Philadelphia and Bucks County Recovery Houses
- In The Rooms
- Recovery Centers America PA
- Day Break Solutions Treatment Pa.
- My Recovery Online meetings
- Recovery Connections You Tube Channel
- Christian Rehab Center locator
- Jade Recovery Veterans Support
- HELP FOR TEENS
- Pregnancy Help Choice One
- ARS All Resource Solutions
- Pro Act Philly
- Rehab Help
- Northbound Veterans Help
Monday, November 11, 2013
Boycott Kitson and Share Your Outrage
By Cassie Goldberg | October 10, 2013 | 0 Comments | Filed in Our Blog
Despite thousands of calls and messages from families who have lost loved ones to prescription drug abuse, the Los Angeles-based boutique, Kitson, has refused to remove apparel that glamorizes prescription drug abuse. Jerseys with “Xanax,” “Adderall” and “Vicodin” in traditional sports team lettering continue to sell for close to $100 each on Kitson’s website and in its stores.
The store, with a clientele that includes celebrities like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan, is now offering the actress Kristen Johnston’s autobiography, Guts, as a “free book with purchase of a jersey.” Johnston, who has struggled with and overcome addiction, brought attention to the company’s irresponsible selling of the sweatshirts this August and, along with The Partnership at Drugfree.org, has publicly pleaded for them to pull the shirts from their stores.
Instead, Kitson has chosen to mock recovery and bully Ms. Johnston and her brave work to help break the stigma and misunderstanding that surround addiction. Response to Kitson’s latest questionable promotion has been called “tasteless,” “immature” and “offensive.” What are your views on Kitson’s actions?
We encourage you to:
• Boycott Kitson and please do not support their irresponsible behavior by purchasing their products.
• Share your views on Kitson’s Facebook page.
• Send Kitson a tweet at @KitsonLA and express your concerns.