Friday, December 20, 2019

I started looking for a miracle cure

 
Today, families need your help. Please make your gift today to support parents like Kathy.

Dear Joseph,

Growing up, I lived in a bubble were addiction didn’t exist. Soon, I became a mom shuttling four kids to school, sporting practices and volunteering as class parent. Life was good, but it didn’t stay that way. We moved away from the city to what seemed like the perfect place to raise a family. Instead, this turned into the setting for a perfect storm for my children.

Our town was hit hard by what we now know as the nation’s opioid crisis, and so was my family. When my children became addicted to opioids, I was sure I must have done something wrong as a parent and immediately started searching for a miracle cure. Later, we found out we have a family history of addiction.

My life was ultimately consumed by the confusion and chaos that came with having multiple children using substances. Eventually, I found the Partnership’s Parent Coach program, where I learned invaluable skills that changed the way I communicate with my children. These skills helped lead three of my kids into recovery.

Match My Gift


Will you help me ensure other families are able to find this kind of personalized support? These free, one-on-one programs only exist because of generous donors like you. Please make your gift now to support parents like me.

Today I am a parent coach, listening to and sharing my experiences with other caregivers. This meaningful work has allowed me to help a mother who just found out that addiction has taken hold of her child, reminding her to make taking care of herself a priority too, as she seeks help for her child.

You can help a family just like mine this holiday season. Throughout the month of December, your gift will be matched, thanks to generous donors who understand just how valuable free resources are, like peer-to-peer parent coaching. During this critical time, your donation will go twice as far to help parents and caregivers get personalized support that is imperative to help families thrive.

Grateful and remaining hopeful for all of our families to find healing,

Kathy Strain
Mother & Parent Coach Volunteer

Double My Donation


Rock Bottom Screenshot
Partnership for Drug-Free Kids and Center on Addiction have merged. Learn More
PARENT HELPLINE
TEXT A MESSAGE TO 55753
VISIT DRUGFREE.ORG
 


© Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
Center on Addiction
633 Third Ave | 19th Floor
New York, NY 10017-6706

No comments:

Post a Comment