Thursday, December 12, 2019

I Ruined Every Tradition. 👹

Happy Friday everyone!

This time of year always leaves me reminiscent of past years. Spending time with family, partaking in traditions, and through the midst of it all ruining it with my addiction.

Today I find myself so grateful for what I have - and the new traditions I've been able to make. The last few years I've gone to a Christmas tree lighting with my favorite cup of hot chocolate to keep me warm.

What are some new traditions you've made in sobriety?

Let me know, and enjoy this weeks news from Sober Nation!
1. A Sense of Fun About it All

Whether you are new in your recovery or if you have substantial clean time under your belt, when the invites to social gatherings pop up in your inbox or your mailbox, the hairs on the back of your neck might stand up and feelings of anxiety and dread start paying rent in your brain. Yes, your friends will be there and it could be a blast… but how do I have fun without drinking or drugging?

This week smashed the myth and put together a plan to approach social gatherings. Watch the video, here.
2. Recovery Coaches Are Now in ERs.

In hospitals, waiting rooms are crowded and Emergency Rooms are typically filled with patients looking for help. However, what about those that are needing immediate attention for their addiction?

Read the whole story, here.
3. Shia LaBeouf Gets Up Close and Personal About His Alcoholism

After a massive comeback year, the road for Shia LaBeouf hasn’t been easy. Over the years, the actor has spoken out about his chaotic upbringing. However, now, the actor is putting the history of his life in screenplay format.

Learn more about Honey Boy, here.
4. Sobriety Engine

Need more connection? Sobriety Engine is our new platform to provide on-the-go accountability - from anywhere in the world. The best news about it - It's free.
Join The Network
5. My Life with Bipolar

At the age of 24, I had lived nearly a decade of suffering from erratic mood swings, dark bouts of depression, and moments of mania marked by stimulant abuse. It was finally at that point, I ended up at a treatment center and a diagnosis of my disturbing behavior came to fruition. I had been living with Bipolar II.

What would other people think of me? What was my life going to look like next?  

Learn more about living with this mental health issue, here.
Quote of the Week
Advertise on Sober Nation

Sign Up To Be A Featured Treatment Center

Buy A Sponsored Article

Sponsor This Newsletter and Promote Your Facility

Want to Write For Sober Nation? Click Here To Email Me
Thanks everyone,

Stay sober. Reach out. Ask for help!
Sober Nation
"Putting Recovery on the Map"

 
Copyright © 2019 Sober Nation LLC, All rights reserved.

Where do the phone calls go to? FULL DISCLOSURE

Our mailing address is:
1700 N Dixie Hwy Unit 122
Boca Raton

No comments:

Post a Comment