Friday, December 13, 2019

🌊 Going to The Beach May Be Better For You Than You Realize.

Heard of Vitamin Sea? Well, it’s actually a very real thing.

According to clinical psychologist, Richard Shuster, PsyD, the color blue has a profound calming effect on people.

“Staring at the ocean actually changes our brain waves’ frequency and puts us into a mild meditative state,” he noted. 

Read the rest of the benefits, here.

And enjoy this week's highlights!

 
1. Self-Care During the Holidays 

We all know the holidays can get hectic, frustrating, and often times be a hotspot for relapse. This week, I smashed the myth that self-care requires you sit in a bathtub and read a book - self care actually involves a lot more than that.

Watch the video below, or here.
2. I'm An Atheist So Why Should I Pray? 

This belief was a major conflict for me when I got sober. I grew up religious and eventually phased out into what I believed to be Atheism. My parents stopped going to church as often themselves, so I didn’t attend on my own.

So, how did James get past that? Read the full story, here.
4. Sobriety Engine is Getting Big.

Have you joined our exclusive network yet? Network with those across the globe and even meet other people in your area that share the same interests and passion of sobriety as you.

Join the network, here.
3. Juice WRLD's Family Speaks Out About Addiction 

Last weekend we heard of the tragic passing of up-and-coming 21-year-old rapper Juice WRLD. Earlier yesterday, his mother released a statement noting his struggle with prescription drug use.

Read the rest of the hearbreaking story, here.
5. The Business of Recovery

When I got sober, I went to a rehab, halfway house, and individual therapy sessions with my counselor. Each of these levels of care cost significant money to stay in. Altogether, I was paying a crazy amount of money for help with my addiction and I quickly became skeptical.

But now I work for them. Read more, here.
Quote of the Week
Advertise on Sober Nation

Advertise with A Sponsored Article

Sponsor This Newsletter and Promote Your Facility

Want to Write For Sober Nation? Email Me!

Want to Be on our Podcast? Sign Up Here.
Thanks everyone,

Stay sober. Reach out. Ask for help!
Sober Nation
"Putting Recovery on the Map"

 
Copyright © 2019 Sober Nation LLC, All rights reserved.

Where do the phone calls go to? FULL DISCLOSURE

Our mailing address is:
1700 N Dixie Hwy Unit 122
Boca Raton

No comments:

Post a Comment