Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Monday Thoughts 03/11/2019

“If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” ~~Eleonora Duse

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” ~~Greg Anderson

“When you start using senses you’ve neglected, your reward is to see the world with completely fresh eyes.” ~~Barbara Sher

Statement #11
  Enthusiasm is my daily exercise.
I treasure the moments of my new life.

Not long ago, a friend shared with me that if you want to get good at playing the piano, you need to practice every day and don’t just rely on what you learn at the piano lesson. Applying this sentiment to sobriety and the WFS New Life Program helps put motion into the Statements. Instead of just reading the Statements every day or attending a face to face meeting or online chat, it becomes more about living the Statements each moment.

Putting life into the Statements each day is living with enthusiasm. Before sobriety it was easy, if not normal to push through the day in search of something else more colorful, interesting or exciting. While this is a way to move through each day, it eliminates the ability to “treasure the moments” of New Life.  Then, at the end of the day or week, an emptiness can settle in along with wondering “what on earth am I missing?”

Statement #11 in action is the answer for slowing down, experiencing and treasuring the moments in life. In our WFS Program Booklet, answering the three questions below can add fullness, motion and contentment to each day.

How can you increase your enthusiasm today?
What energizes you naturally?
How can you enjoy what you currently have?
 
Hugzzz
Karen
Hi 4C Women,
For me, the key word is "treasure." I am extremely sentimental and have a difficult time letting go of so many things I treasure from my past to the present. There's a lot about decluttering on the internet and one suggestion is to keep only items that give you joy. That presented a dilemma for me. For example, I just redecorated my Christmas tree to a Spring tree and I could feel myself smiling ear to ear as I put each ornament and creative item on the tree. Even the physical pain of carrying those heavy containers diminished as I pulled out each colorful Spring, bunny, chick, needlepoint item to display on the tree and in my living room. My daughter always asks why I go to so much trouble each season to change the decorations and it all comes down to joy. I couldn't even begin to throw away any of these cherished, treasured, smile-producing items!  

Enthusiasm, joy and treasuring moments is such a personal choice. It is more than words, it is a feeling with action propelling it. Think about the last time you were filled with enthusiasm. When you share that with others, it is amazing to discover the many diverse ways we feel and experience enthusiasm. It goes back to the awareness of the joy in our daily lives. When I reflect on my drinking days, I can now appreciate the simple yet powerful moments of enthusiasm that I am so aware of today, no matter how small. It's a gift to be able to experience, acknowledge, treasure and be in that moment.  

I encourage you to answer Karen's questions along with when was the last time you were filled with enthusiasm? 

Bonded together in enthusiasm, 4C WFS Member
WFS Annual Weekend Conference 2019
Don't miss this workshop at this year's conference!
The Call Of Something More

Hearing that voice of truth encouraging you to be who you are really called to be.

We all have times in our lives where we feel that a change is happening and can’t quite figure out which direction we are meant to go. In this workshop we take the time to discern what is ours to do, and how we can let go into that “something more”.

In our time together, we will explore:
  • What is an “it” and “not it” in your life
  • Tools to discern what is the next step
  • Support to dream

Based on the song “The Call of Something More”:
I feel the call of something more
I feel the call to be someone I’ve never been before
I feel the call of something more
I feel the call and it’s asking "What am I here for?"

Karen Drucker, Headliner

Karen has recorded 19 CDs of her original inspirational music, and is the author of an inspirational book, “Let Go of the Shore: Stories and Songs That Set the Spirit Free.” Among her many accomplishments, she has been a professional comedienne, led her own band for corporate events, and has been the music director and "music weaver" for many conferences and retreats.

In following her passion, Karen sings, speaks, and leads workshops at women’s retreats, mind-body & health conferences, and various churches around the country, as well as working with authors like Joan Borysenko, Alan Cohen, and many others.

Karen Drucker has been called “a master of communicating presence and spirituality through music.” She loves making music, making a difference, and touching hearts.
Copyright © Women for Sobriety, Inc. | All rights reserved | Federal ID # 23-1972763
Email: contact@womenforsobriety.org | Ph: 215.536.8026 | Fax: 215.538.9026
Women for Sobriety, Inc. | P.O. Box 618Quakertown, PA 18951-0618
 About our service provider
Sent by contact@womenforsobriety.org

No comments:

Post a Comment