Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Monday Thoughts 03/25/2019

“I like to think of ideas as potential energy. They’re really wonderful, but nothing will happen until we risk putting them into action.” ~~Mae Jemison
“The universe doesn’t give you what you ask for with your thoughts—it gives you what you demand with your actions.” ~~Steve Maraboli
“Have a bias toward action—let’s see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.” ~~Indira Gandhi

Statement #13
  I am responsible for myself and for my actions.
I am in charge of my mind, my thoughts, and my life.

Statement #13 encourages responding with ability, but it is the taking of action that results in empowerment, confidence and stable sobriety. As the final Statement in the New Life Program, practicing this Statement everyday leads to enhanced recovery and feelings of a full 4C life.
Alcohol eliminates ability and zaps action. It is the opposite of taking charge and often leads to lowered self-esteem and worth when others come to the rescue or use enabling behaviors. Action, no matter how small, is movement towards dreams and goals. In our WFS Program Booklet it states, “The purpose of the New Life Program is self-acceptance and being responsible for ourselves and all that we do. By accepting responsibility, we can break away from unhealthy dependencies.”
Here are some ways to assist in taking charge of our lives.
  • Eliminate blame. This allows for a shift from victimhood to victor and enables change.  
  • Be present. This moment is the only moment there is. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. Refuse to ruminate on what happened or what will happen.
  •  Try and try again. Take any small action toward goals. Movement forward changes your energy and it can begin to snowball, increasing ability. Keep trying!
  •   Own every thought, feeling and action. No one can make you think, feel or do anything. 
Hugzzz
Karen
Hi 4C Women,

Such wonderful ways to work on being empowered, to be the "director" of our lives.  
The most challenging one for me has always been that no one can make me think, feel or do anything. I certainly agree with that yet there are times when I find myself questioning my decisions, feeling enraged at an injustice to me or others I care about and every once in a while agreeing, when in my heart I do not. Here's the good part - I am quickly aware of my reactions, responses and start doing a lot of introspective thinking about why and what can I do to correct the situation, if anything, but especially my feelings about it. Without WFS and the 13 Statements, I know none of this would be possible. 

I wanted to share this because I believe we can be very hard on ourselves or fear we are back where we started when we feel we have failed or made a mistake. Nothing can be further from the truth. Whether it is one day or 30 years, we are not the same woman once we have started to make those authentic inside changes. Yes, there is always work to be done. That would be the case no matter where we are in overcoming our addictions because life is full of challenges yet remember we are full of positive changes. The more we are willing to learn, to trust ourselves, to work through the tough times, the more we can embrace the empowered, resilient, smart 4C women we are!

Bonded in being responsible for ourselves and for our actions, 4C WFS Member
WFS Annual Weekend Conference 2019
Don't miss this workshop at this year's conference!
Happiness is...Bonded in WFS

In this workshop we will get to know our WFS sisters more deeply through interactive group exercises. Moving from easy and comfortable to more vulnerable and intimate sharing, we will discover each others' personalities and develop more meaningful connections. Whether it is from the very beginning or as we move deeper, at some point we will push the edge of our comfort zone. By doing this we will become vulnerable, and with vulnerability comes meaningful and authentic connection.

Through video and presentation we will explore the concept of "the opposite of addiction is connection." We will learn more about the neurochemistry and neurobiology of happiness and friendship. We will end with a meditation and red cord ceremony setting our intention to live with presence, wisdom, and connection.

Emily K (ekimling), Peer Presenter

I began my journey in recovery here at WFS in June of 2014. Six months of hard work and lots of soul searching led to a sobriety date later that year and I became a CCL in January of 2015. Giving back to WFS through volunteer work in any capacity has been one of my greatest joys. When I needed a soft place to land, WFS was here for me. I intend to do my very best to contribute to any legacy that makes that true for all women who need help in the future. Compassion and connection have helped me to thrive in recovery, not merely survive. I am a fur-mom of two lovely mutts, and I have two grown daughters and one new grandbaby...and a life worth living for all of them as well as for myself.

Copyright © Women for Sobriety, Inc. | All rights reserved | Federal ID # 23-1972763
Email: contact@womenforsobriety.org | Ph: 215.536.8026 | Fax: 215.538.9026
Women for Sobriety, Inc. | P.O. Box 618Quakertown, PA 18951-0618
About our service provider
Sent by contact@womenforsobriety.org

No comments:

Post a Comment