Thursday, February 7, 2019

February 7, 2019 Through The Twelve Steps With Spiritual Truth From Scripture TODAY 3

February 7, 2019 Through The Twelve Steps With Spiritual Truth From Scripture TODAY 3


Step 3: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God !


Psalm 119:43  (NLT)  Do not snatch your word of truth from me,for your regulations are my only hope.



 Before my own personal journey in recovery and self discovery I was without hope and broken  beyond all repair, so I thought. I was ten years old when my life veered off course and my brokenness began.At the hands of a cousin I was molested and so the seeds of self destruction were planted. Anger, fear ,sadness, and confusion became my reasons for becoming a man made monster hell bent on getting even with the world. Along the way I discovered all sorts of chemical substances which lied too me and tricked me into believing that I could handle life and everything would be ok as long as I self medicated. Wow what I joke I became ! Life continued to spiral out of control and life became something I wanted out of more that anything else in the world.Without hope broken lost and determined not to go on Hope showed up! It came through the prayers from loved ones who wanted nothing more than the best for me.For once in my life ,I wanted to try and find out who I was and so my journey began. My eyes and ears were finally open and I discovered God ! He gave me help ,healing, and  hope somehow it came to me spiritually which in turn gave me the physical ability to take control of my actions and take responsibility for the mess I made of my life. All of my trust is in Him and through His word I now have Hope.


Hebrews 4:12-13  (NIV)
 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.




By Joseph Dickerson/Recovery Connections Network
Psalm 103v3 He forgives all my sins and Heals all my diseases!









No comments:

Post a Comment