Thursday, August 3, 2017

We can ignore, neglect, and oppose God’s truth, or we can embrace, absorb, and receive it. I hope that you are making the decision each day to open up God’s Word to receive His truth. This month, Harvest Ministries is offering a great resource to help you in this area. It’s a book that’s simply called Truth, written by my friend Randy Alcorn. Find out more »
Thursday, August 3, 2017

Right Where You Are

Then He said to them, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest."

—Luke 10:2

It seems, unfortunately, that the church could be compared to a giant football game where 60,000 people in the stands watch 22 people do all the work. We stand on the sidelines and shout, “Go, team, go!” while God is saying, “I want you down on the field. I want you to carry the ball. I want you to be a part of what I’m doing.”

Jesus said, “Pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest” (Luke 10:2). Notice that Jesus did not say that we should pray the Lord would send out more observers—or more spectators or more complainers. Rather, He said we should pray the Lord would send out more laborers.

No one can honestly pray for this work to be done if they are not willing to do it themselves. Let’s not sit around and say, “Yes, God, send more laborers into the harvest!” Instead, let’s say, “Lord, let it start with me. I will be a laborer. I don’t know what I can do. I don’t know what I can offer. I don’t have a lot. But it’s Yours, Lord. I give it to You.”

Just watch what God can do. He can do a lot with a little. He can take what you have and multiply it.

Maybe you’re thinking, “That’s the job of the professionals. Let the preachers do this preaching stuff. I’m just an ordinary person.”

There are many people you can reach far more effectively. You can reach them because they know you. They work with you. They live next to you. You are able to speak to them like perhaps no other person could. God has given you a group of people whom you can influence. God wants to use you right where you are.

Share this today:

God can use you right where you are.

Dig Deeper:

This Week's TV Program
"Jesus Loves You"
Today's Bible Reading
Nehemiah 1-3; John 5
Follow Pastor Greg
This Month's Offer
Truth: A Bigger View ofGod’s Word

Receive a copy for your gift ofsupport today. »

You can receive a copy of Truth, a new book by Randy Alcorn. Immerse yourself in the truth of the Bible each and every day in order to know your role in God’s plan and to guard your mind against the lies ofthis world.
Copyright © 2017 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment