Thursday, February 13, 2014




February 13 v 20 TWELVE STEPPING WITH POWER IN THE PROVERB

Walk with the wise and become wise;
associate with fools and get in trouble

We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it. So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall. (1 Corinthians 10:12)



Wow the Proverb is telling it like it is. One of the toughest times I have faced in recovery is walking away from the fools. I have a hard time with that statement the fools the Bible is referring to are the very people who I would have at one time walked through the fires of hell with.When we get on the bus to recovery one of the hardest things to do is leave your peeps behind.Those peeps looking back now ,I realize or at least with some , I wonder were they really looking out for me or were they just using me to get the next high. The very ones we hate the most durinig addiction are the very ones who do have our backs but we are so blinded with self we cant see their true loyalty. I chose step ten because it is so important when taking personal inventory we must be honest in our evaluation of past relationships. I guarantee you the phone is gonna ring and its gonna be one of your peeps from back in the day and if we are not careful they will take you for a ride on the relapse roller coaster. My biggest piece of advice is , early in your recovery you gotta get on that bus , dont look out the window , and never look back because we are one stop away from going back to where we fought like hell to get out of. It helps to mention and remember them , but is it okay or could you hang with them again ?



Jesus said I am the truth the life the way no one comes unto the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment