Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20 Chp 41 v 6 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


They visit me as if they were my friends,but all the while they gather gossip ,and when they leave ,they spread it everywhere . (Gods Big Book )


Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.


I had no idea they had AA and NA groups three thousand years ago . The scripture is describing what used to be my home group. Step six is a double edged sword ! Is it you or someone else that is doing all the talking !When we are in the rooms some of the stuff that is shared can be rough but it is not a conservation piece for the next time you are waiting in line at the Dunking Donuts .We share that stuff to get out from under guilt and shame and you need to respect the guidelines ! What is said here stays here ! Being reckless with someones pain could put them right back on the relapse roller coaster . Do you want to be responsible for buying that ticket !This was one of those things I struggled with .I could not keep my mouth shut and I could not wait to air your dirty laundry out . Silence and respect are character traits that do not come naturally ,they have to be developed . Respect yourself and respect others . KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT !


Proverbs 21:23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue, Guards his soul from troubles.(Gods Big Book)


By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment