Tuesday, October 13, 2020

STEP WORK STEP 2 10/13/20

October 8 , 2020 
Life Transformation With Spiritual Support From Scripture And The 12 Steps




Psalm 24 v 15
My eyes are ever towards the Lord: for he shall pluck my feet out of the snare.


STEP 2 
Came to believe that with Gods help,  our lives can be transformed and restored to sanity.

Snare - catch or trap (someone)

Pluck- quickly or suddenly remove someone from a dangerous or unpleasant situation.

I am emphasizing the word snare to put our focus on what addiction really is and what it does. The Psalm clearly explains , that if your caught in a snare only God can pluck you out. The meaning of the word pluck should also be looked at because it also explains being caught in addiction. Unpleasant and dangerous ! Sounds like addiction to me. Unpleasant is an under statement ,hell on earth would be much more suitable. Their is a clear cut answer according to scripture and with God the guidance of the step you can find freedom from the destructive, addictive forces and substances that have hijacked your life and destroyed everything good.
Reaching step two you have honestly admitted you got an uncontrollable force ruling your life and you have asked  for help. Step one is the most difficult because the pride of Life will keep you blind and unable to see your caught in a snare. If your willing and able and you want Gods help keep your eyes ever on the Lord and keep prying and suddenly He sends a super natural help ,His Holy spirit to remove you from the snare. That's how it happened for me! I was caught in the snare for sixteen  years . Hopeless , helpless , broken , blinded by pride , shame, and fear . I got so fed up , I cried out to God , if your real help me or take me out , I cant keep living this way. Almost a year after that prayer and many more in between God sent me an Angel . It wasn't like the movies where they are clothed in all white and glowing. He looked like you or me and  He handed me a tiny book and it contained the life story about a man who lived life the way I was living mine. At the end of the story there was a picture of a man burning in a lake of fire .For the first time in my life I could see and my life didn't have to end this way ! Suddenly my feet were plucked from the snare and I was instantly delivered .

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

By Joseph Dickerson Recovery Connections Network

No comments:

Post a Comment