Thursday, April 4, 2019

Pressing into Pain - April 2019 Newsletter



April 2019 Newsletter 
Janessa F.
Pressing into Pain
     
    I grew up in a Christian household with two parents that did their best to raise me and my sisters in a godly fashion. However, at the age of four I was sexually abused by my neighbor and his daughter. That, coupled with the inability to manage my weight, brought on a deep feeling of shame and worthlessness. I felt like there had to be something wrong with me and didn't see how I could ever be worth loving. 
    My weight continued to be an issue throughout my childhood and teenage years, and eventually produced a long-term eating disorder. The immense sense of failure caused me to isolate and hide. As the shame grew, so did my anger. I began to lash out at my parents and sisters pushing them away. I felt so alone and unworthy of love. 



Servant Leaders
   
Are you or someone you know a young adult (18-35) who desires to SERVE THE BROKEN and wounded while being CHALLENGED TO GROW?

During the one-year commitment, you will receive mentoring and equipping in how to be a faithful, Christ-centered leader. 
This hands on experiential learning is critical because it allows you to use and develop relational skills that will prepare you for work, ministry, marriage, and life.
STAY CONNECTED:
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
View on Instagram
Forward this email



This email was sent to recoveryfriends@gmail.com by infotech@hismansion.com  


His Mansion Ministries | PO Box 40 | Hillsboro | NH | 03244

No comments:

Post a Comment