Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 21 CHP 118 v 8 TWELVE STEPPING WITH STRENGTH FROM THE PSALMS


It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people.

(GODS BIG BOOK)


STEP 3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him.


Most of my life was built on others opinions and thoughts of how I could please everyone and make them happy .Doing for others became unhealthy because every-time I expected them to be there for me I got left hanging like a man from a cliff with no ropes. Anger and rejection pushed me deeper into my self medicating ways to cope with all the times people walked on me.This was not what they were doing and It took a lot of step work to help me discover that. Putting all my trust and happiness in others was only gonna get me more frustration and sorrows. The next time you go above and beyond to please someone and you feel walked on when your kindness is not returned , ask yourself did I do that for them or myself. Somewhere along the path of life my thinking became distorted and I was seeking acceptance through helping and doing for folks things that did not needed to be done in the first place .Something else I discovered was don't push people into what you think is best , because if you dig deep you will see you are being ruled by your own selfish motives .Trust is something that is once lost can be almost impossible to get back. You have to be very patient with the loved ones you have burned and they have every right to take as much time as they need to trust you again. If we can in every situation slow down and reflect on just what we are doing and why we are doing it we can stop trying to control life and surrender control to GOD who will not let you down , who is always available and has all the answers to your happiness and he will never betray your trust. 


Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go,for to you I entrust my life.
(GODS BIG BOOK) By Joseph Dickerson

No comments:

Post a Comment