Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Monday Thoughts 09/16/2019

Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”  ~~Zig Ziglar

“I’ve learned that fear limits you and your vision.  It serves as blinders to what may be just a few steps down the road for you.  The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities and your self-worth can empower you to walk down and even brighter path.  Transforming fear into freedom—how great is that.”  ~~Amit Kalantri

“Ability means all of us finding our strengths and putting them to full use.”  ~~Kathleen Wynne

Statement #12
  I am a competent woman, and I have much to give life.
This is what I am, and I shall know it always.

This week in our face to face group, we had a wonderful discussion about the Statements.  One of the comments made was that the WFS Statements give us permission to do and be who we are. Being able to acknowledge and accept oneself encourages growth and ability.  Every single person has a different ability and no one individual can do everything.

Before my New Life, I tried to do it all and failed at everything.  Instead of living in my strengths and reaching out for help when I needed it, I became overwhelmed and remained stuck.  This shook my core and I lost self-worth and esteem. 

The continued practice of Statement #12 insures healthy awareness with continuing education.  We learn about where our strengths are and where more attention can be paid.  Affirming our ability, we move into feeling value and feeling secure. 

How do you insert effort into Statement #12? 
Hugzzz
Karen
Hi 4C Women,
Statement #12 for me is all about self-esteem, believing in ourselves and having confidence that when we say we are competent women, those words are our truth.  Last year I listed 3 questions and I’d like to list them again.  I always ask women in the group to date anything they write about.  For me, it helps to see how much personal growth I have obtained and what additional work I need to do to gain the strength, insight and courage I desire. 
I am worthwhile because…
I deserve …
I practice Statement #12 by doing …

Part of gaining competence is the willingness to change and here are 3 additional questions:  
Do I purposely take action to promote my own well-being?

Am I truly open to new ideas/change?

Do I make my own decisions or do I allow other people to direct the course of my life? That last question was how I lived my life before WFS. I depended on my ex and those who intimated me to make my life choices. Drinking quieted the noise in my head that nagged at me to speak my voice yet I thought I was inadequate so who was I to give my opinion, my ideas, my differing thoughts? Karen wrote a powerful message a while back and it has stayed with me: "Fighting for myself instead of against, feelings of competency emerged."

We are bonded in fighting for ourselves to be the competent woman we really are and believing in our hearts that we have much to give life and ourselves! Your 4C sister
Check out our Moving Sale!
Copyright © Women for Sobriety, Inc. | All rights reserved | Federal ID # 23-1972763
Email: contact@womenforsobriety.org | Ph: 215.536.8026 | Fax: 215.538.9026
Women for Sobriety, Inc. | P.O. Box 618Quakertown, PA 18951-0618
 About Constant Contact
Sent by contact@womenforsobriety.org

No comments:

Post a Comment