Thursday, September 26, 2019

Revisiting A Funk πŸ˜” | OWN Sobriety

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Website

Revisiting A Funk

I post a lot about how great sober life is. This post will end on that message too, but I feel like I must talk about the tough times that are inevitably sprinkled in between. Prior to the past few days, which have been better, I was in one of the bigger funks of my now nearly two-year recovery journey. A lot of positive and exciting things were happening for me, but I was wholly unimpressed. Despite my best attempts, I just felt numb, unexcited, and unmotivated. Usually, I can identify the issues and fix them pretty quickly but this one just dragged on and I couldn’t pinpoint a cause.
I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t think a couple of drinks sounded good. Just to feel something. I tried all sorts of things to try and snap out of it, but it seemed like nothing worked. I’ve been sober long enough to understand that these periods happen and I knew that if I just kept doing what I was supposed to and didn’t do anything drastic that it would eventually pass. But, boy, that is easier said than done. The worst part is that now I’m a facilitator of a SMART Recovery meeting and my job is to lead and encourage positive discussions on recovery. That’s difficult when you really aren’t feeling it yourself.
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Website
Copyright © 2019 OWN Sobriety, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:
OWN Sobriety
110 E Perry St
Bluffton, IN 46714-2017

Add us to your address book



Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment