Thursday, August 29, 2019

YOUR INCAPABLE OF GOOD ON YOUR OWN

August 29 , 2019 TRANSFORMATION THROUGH SPIRITUAL TRUTH FROM SCRIPTURE AND THE TWELVE STEPS TODAY STEP 5


Step 5: Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
(World Big book)

Romans 7:18-19
18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. (GODS BIG BOOK)

Its in our nature to do the wrong thing. That it is so easy for us to keep doing what we don't want to do. Problem with that is  our conscience. I call it a moral compass that lets us know deep down in our hearts that we are doing the wrong thing. The consequences of that are guilt and shame and when un-dealt with we become depressed. That shame and guilt were my number one reasons for self medicating ,but no matter how much I tried to get rid of my shame and guilt , I only made my life worse. God has the answers but you have take the steps by reading his word. True freedom comes when we come clean humble ourselves and be honest with God, ourselves ,and others ! We all screw up but hiding it dosen't help it hurts so own your mistakes apologize and seek forgiveness! In the long haul that will do us more good than it does for the others we have hurt.


By Joseph Dickerson/Recovery Connections Network Psalm 103 v 3- He forgives all my sins and Heals all my diseases! Jesus Christ has already won your war with addiction!
Matthew 8 v 17 This fulfilled the word of the Lord through the prophet Isaiah,who said, “He took our sicknesses and removed our diseases.”.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment