Thursday, January 10, 2019

January 10,2019 Through The Twelve Steps With Spiritual Truth From Scripture Today STEP 4 


Step 4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Psalm 139:2
You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?


You will not have to work this one alone ! God will be with you, He has been since the day you were born .No matter what you have done you are worth it and getting your stuff out in the open takes away its ability to determine how you feel and react to lifes circumstances. This step is vital for a successful recovery. God already knows the deepest darkest stuff and He is safe to talk to about direction on how to handle making things right . Some stuff can only be taken to God and be dealt with. God wants to fill your heart with good and take away your heavy load. Guilt ,shame, anger, fear, pride, resentment, and regret if not dealt with become a burden that most cannot carry and will be crushed under the weight .Find a quiet place and ask God to open your heart and the stuff that keeps you awake at write it down on a piece of paper.Cry it out, write it down ,pray ,cry some more ,pray more ,and get rid of it. God wants you to be free from all that junk and if your heart is full of it, He cant fill it with good stuff because you will have no room for it.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.


Psalm 103:3 Who pardons all your iniquities,Who heals all your diseases;By Joseph Dickerson/Recovery Connections Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment