Thursday, December 18, 2014

Partnership for Drug-free Kids
 
 
Dear Joseph,

My son, now 25, first started using drugs when he was 16.

His addiction took our family on a rollercoaster ride. Life in our home was beyond a nightmare, and I kept wondering how this had happened to us. Having an addict in the family wasn’t on my list of life goals. Yet here I was, caught in the middle of a living hell. At times, I felt alone; like no one else could understand the turmoil that my family faced.

I decided to share my story with the Partnership and their online community. I immediately found that talking to the people there about my son’s addiction, and learning that others had been there too, was incredibly therapeutic. It helped us cope and heal.

The community has responded to my story with encouragement, support and hope. Most importantly, I learned one very important thing: I am not alone. Just like the millions of others facing addiction, there are so many people out there who have been there and understand.

The Partnership is able to provide this support service thanks to generous donations from people like you. Your gift this holiday season will help sustain this invaluable community for others facing addiction.


My son, now in recovery, is finally in a good place. And thanks to the Partnership's support on this journey, we are in a better place too.

Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today.


 
Dean Dauphinais
Father of Son in Recovery
 
 
 
Where Families
   
We're here to help.
Call our Parents Toll-Free Helpline
1-855-DRUGFREE (1-855-378-4373)
Donate NowTwitter  Twitter  Youtube  Instagram
 
 
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. Messages sent to this email address are not read. If you have a question or comment, please use our interactive online help system. Subscribe to our RSS feeds. To prevent mailbox filters from deleting mailings from Drugfree.org, add thepartnership@drugfree.org to your address book.

Partnership for Drug-Free Kids | 352 Park Avenue South | Ninth Floor | New York, NY 10010

   


unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences | view email in browser

No comments:

Post a Comment