Thursday, June 25, 2020

Brave the Storm 5k is this weekend!

What are YOU running for this weekend?
Join us THIS WEEKEND -- June 26-28 -- for our inaugural Brave The Storm 5k to shine a light on mental health!
This Is My Brave Co-Founder Jennifer Marshall and her daughter are ready to run this weekend!
We invite you to register and participate for reasons that are important to you — for health, for wellbeing, for a loved one. Whatever your motivation may be, join us for this event and help us spread a message of hope.

Brave The Storm 5k will be taking place at your location of choice on either Friday, June 26; Saturday, June 27; or Sunday, June 28.

Run, walk, or hike this virtual 5k. Learn moreRegister now for free.
Learn more about Brave The Storm 5k
Register now for the 5k
Invite a friend! Forward this email to them now.
New on the Brave Blog
We invite you to be inspired by two voices this week: Patric Johnson, a Hip-Hop Artist and Mental Health Advocate, and Jada Bromberg, a 16-year-old high school student from Virginia.
Black People’s Mental Health Matters
By Patric Johnson 


As I enter into the “midlife” stage in the Human Life Cycle, I am grateful for new choices I’ve made in seeking out assistance and discovering resources like “This Is My Brave,” to cope with my mental health. I look back at my adolescent and early adulthood years and remember the struggles I experienced with what was going on with me and how to address it. I was not mindful of the therapy or support groups out there that could guide me along my journey dealing with anxiety and depression. Keep reading...
At Last
By Jada Bromberg


Days have come where I wake up
A feather is how I would describe
The delusional feeling I now abide
Like surfing a wave at its peak

At last, joy is rushing into me
Commitment, strive, and integrity
Making time for things I love
Pushing myself to never give up

Keep reading...
Read more on the Brave Blog
Upcoming Virtual Events
Today at 11am: a fun yoga flow!

We’ll be talking with our kids about creating a yoga practice to beat summer boredom. This Is My Brave alumna and certified yoga instructor Kasey Elliott Maher will cover mindfulness and breathing exercises specifically for kids.

Head to Instagram and we’ll be live with Kasey at 2pm ET/11am PT on Wednesday, June 24th.
Join us for an all-new episode this weekend!

Saturday, June 27h from 2-3pm ET / 11am-12pm PT
Finding Humor in the Journey

Did you miss a recent episode? Want to get caught up? You can watch past episodes of BRAVE TV now.

Be sure to follow us on Facebook.
View all upcoming events
Never Miss a Story
Subscribe to This Is My Brave's YouTube channel today to be notified of new video uploads!
Be the first to watch new stories, show highlights, and much more.

Simply visit This Is My Brave's YouTube channel, and click the red "SUBSCRIBE" button in the upper right side of your screen.
Subscribe to This Is My Brave's YouTube Channel
Stay Connected
 Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to hear all the latest from This Is My Brave! Simply click on the icons below to find us.
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Website
Thank You to Our 2020 National Sponsors
Forward this email to a friend or share on social media:
Email
Email
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Pinterest
Pinterest
LinkedIn
LinkedIn
Facebook
Twitter
Link
LinkedIn
Website
Copyright © 2019 This Is My Brave, Inc., All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment